Google Adsense Basic Requirements
- Your website or blog should be at least 6 months old.(newly blogs only from Europe, USA, Canada are accepted).
- Your site should not contain any adult content.
- Your site should not contain any copyrighted pictures, videos or links to sites that violate google policies and guidelines.
- Never copy and paste content from other websites. Always post new original content.write content rich pages.
- You should post at least 10 to 20 content rich pages before applying.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Your site should have a good navigation system that can link all the pages of the blog from the homepage.
- Include an about author page with your original photo.
- Copyright your content.You can signup in myfreecopyright to copyright your contents for free.
- Get some daily visitors through google search.I think the page views are not given much consideration.The content is all.
- Fulfill all the 10 basic requirements that are listed above.
- Concentrate your writing to a specific category. This will help you get more traffic and will be a plus point while applying for Adsense.
- “Content is King”, it really is. Write quality posts with more words. Try to explain more and include more images. Don’t concentrate on keywords. If you post original content, you will surely get good traffic automatically from search engines.
- Check for Adsense approved websites in your category. This is because, Google does not accept all categories. Approval for some categories are easy(Medicine, Health, etc). Whereas for others it’s bit difficult. Also I heard that some friends running Banking related websites and job portals, always got bad luck even with good organic traffic and content.
- Get some decent traffic from Google search.
- Apply for Adsense only after 6 months. During this time, try to create more content, get some more organic traffic, try applying various SEO strategies and try to create more SEO friendly webpages.
- Submit urls and sitemaps to Google by using Google webmaster tools and analyse your website performance using Google Analytics.
- Remove all ads running on your site before applying for Google Adsense. It’s very important.
- Remove links that are directed to websites that does not comply with Google guidelines. Eg: A free software download link to an external website.
- I have not tried getting adsense approval using YouTube. Only know that the Adsense approved account(for a website) can be used to monetize a video that is uploaded from the same account. That is, you need not apply separately for video ads approval. Vice versa can also be true. The method suggests, uploading 2 or 3 new original videos to youtube and applying for Monetization program from there. I don’t think it’s an easy idea to create a video. If anybody tried this, you can confirm it here.
Ads that work with Google Adsense
As the approval of Google Adsense account takes minimum of 6 months and the chances of getting approved for the very first time is difficult, you can try Adsense compatible ads to run on your site. One of the ads that comply with all Google’s policies and TOS is Infolinks. Infolinks is basically an intext advertising company. Means that, it display ads when someone move the mouse pointer over words highlighted by infolinks. You get paid when someone views or clicks the ad. The good thing about infolinks is that, the publisher approval is very easy. With 2 or 3 posts and even with a new domain, you get instant approval. The earnings are not very high compared to Adsense. But, Infolinks is the best intext advertising network for bloggers.
There are other ad formats supported by Infolinks other than intext. ‘Infold’ which displays on bottom when you get a visitor through organic search, ‘intag’ which displays related keywords at the end of the post, ‘inframe’ which floats on both sides which is a full screen ad on entrance or exit. Turning all the units active will increase your earnings quickly.
Setting up Infolinks is very easy. It has codes for every platform- WordPress, blogger, Joomla or whatever. Infolinks wordpress plugin makes the installation and settings easier on WordPress. From the infolinks publisher center, you can customize the ads displayed on each and every website. Infolinks has various payment options viz PayPal, Bank Wire, eCheck, Western Union, ACH (only for U.S. bank accounts) and Payoneer. The minimum payment threshold is $50.
I used infolinks along with Google Adsense and encountered no issues. I got paid and i can assure you that it is legit. You can signup using the below link.