Fed up with the higher version of android?android 4.04/android 2.3.6.Sometime,after the firmware upgrade,your smart phone becomes less stable and stuck.You feel confessed of what you have done.Then,it’s time to return back to your most stable android version(android 2.3.6/2.3.5/2.3.4).There is no need of rooting your software.Without that,you can install a custom rom(may be official) of the previous version within minutes.
The software that helps you to do all the activities is Odin multi downloader.You should install this software first on your pc or laptop to start the process.The list is not yet completed.
I will explain the case for samsung galaxy fit s5670 running gingerbread 2.3.6.For samsung galaxy ace or any other phone,all the steps remains the same.Only the file that needs to be downloaded changes.I will mention it in each step.
Steps to check before you start the process
1.Backup all your contacts,sms,files,applications,etc.
2.Verify that your mobile phone has battery level of 70% or above.
3.Temporarily disable your antivirus software on pc/laptop.
4.Enable USB Debugging ON(tick) by going to
Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
Note:If anything happens(it will not occur) during/after the process,we are not responsible.You should do this at your own risk.
Download the following files.
1.Odin multi downloader v4.38+ops file
For other phones,you can use the same odin version.but,you should search for the BENI_v1.0.ops file on google and download it.
2.Gingerbread package.(android 2.3.4/2.3.6)
Search for your country specific version on google and download the file.
Here is an example for android 2.3.4 rom for galaxy fit
After extracting the files,you will see 2 files with .tar.md5 and .dll extension.
Now,we are going to start the flashing process.
- Turn OFF your mobile phone.
- Enter into the downloading mode by pressing the Power button+Menu button+Volume down button simultaneously.(After holding it for a few seconds you will see a special display of download mode).
- Connect your phone to pc/laptop by usb.
- Open the Odin multi downloader v4.38.exe that you have downloaded.
- You will see that your phone is detected(a cell turns yellow colour).
- Select OPS Tab & Locate BENI_v1.0.ops.
- Mark one package and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Press start button and you will see a series of processes going on.(sometimes,the phone gets rebooted.this will continue for about 5 minutes).
- After the whole process gets over,you can see the cell turns blue,giving the message pass.
- Switchoff your phone.
- Enter the recovery mode by holding Power button+home button.
- In The Recovery Mode Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition.
- The next time, select “Reboot System Now” From The Recovery Mode Itself.
- Wait until your system restarts and you see your home button.
Now,you have successfully downgraded your android version.
If you have any questions,suggestions or anything,use the comments box below.I will try to reply at the earliest.