We are living in the 21st Century, the generation in which robots and bullet trains are developed. Every gadget that we were using for the past 10 years has evolved, why should education stay behind?
With all the advancements in technology, the way of teaching has also changed. Many education boards like the CBSE or Central Board of Secondary Education has adopted a new method of teaching by using digital classrooms and abandoning the earlier conventional ways of education.
The changes in the ways of education and teaching has many importance. There are some points listed below to show how technology is important in education.
- By using technology, the students can get updated with the help of internet. Unlike the earlier days, people used to wait for yearbooks to get to know about what happened throughout the year, now if the students want to get knowledge about some event, they can get the information from the internet.
- The conventional ways of classrooms just had the teacher teaching with the help of a blackboard and chalks but now the scenario is different as the students are being taught by using projectors. This helps the children to move with the topics in their own pace.
- Earlier the students were not able to know how things work how a process completes, how the stages occur. Like if we take an example in Biology, the student knows that how the process of photosynthesis is carried out but if it is shown with audio and visual effects then how it will be? Or in Math, the Pythagorean theorem It will surely be more effective as the ability to retain will be more in this case.
- Another important factor that shows that technology is important is the Distant-Learning feature. In distant-learning process, the teacher sits far away from the classroom and his/her lecture is demonstrated somewhere else. This show the revolution in the world of education. On the other hand, it’s like an interactive session that allows students to clear out their doubts then and there by asking the teachers.
- By using technology in education the burden of the child can also be reduced. The heavy books that the child carries every day to school can be minimised. As the teachers provide video lectures, thus they no longer will be carrying heavy books to school.
- In this tech-savvy world where everyone is having smartphones in their pockets, children are also aware of the variety of features that the mobiles provide. Students also use tablet-learning programme like the Byju’s- The Learning App and has tasted immense success.
This was all for the importance of technology in education. Hope the students find the article useful and gain all the information regarding the topic.
About the author of this post:
With a degree in Engineering, Saswati Ghosh is a content writer by profession. She is passionate about creative writing and blogging along with an interest in reading and part-time teaching. She is presently exploring all about the digital education with Byju’s-the Learning App.